Pt100 temperature sensor
- Accuracy, IEC 60751 class A
- Terminal head DIN 43729 form B
- 1/2” RG connection
- Stainless, acid-proof steel
- Protection tube Ø 9 x 1
- Temperature range -50°C to +400°C
- Temperature measurement in industrial systems, eg. in the food, chemical and pharmaceutical industries, cold storage plants, district heating, power plants, refineries and ships.
- Temperature measurement in gas and floating media.
- The 7400 comes with a fixed measurement insert.
- The sensor element is a thin film platinum resistor - Pt100 - trimmed at a laboratory to comply with the resistance values of the standard IEC 60751, class A. The advantage of a thin film element is an ultra short reaction time. The Pt100 element is electrically isolated from the protecting tube and terminal head.
- The protecting tube is Ø 9 x 1 mm stainless, acid-proof steel W no. 1.4571 / AISI 316TI, filled with aluminum oxide powder. A 1/2” RG thread nipple is welded on the protecting tube with a packing sheet of Ø 30 and span 30.
- The terminal head is a standard DIN 43729 form B housing produced in light-alloy metal, protected against corrosion through strong industrial lacquering.
- The sensor is available with or without cooling extension to keep the terminal head clear of isolated surfaces.
- Each sensor is delivered with a three-wire connection which allows cable compensation to the sensor element.
- Pt100 sensor type 7400 is available with a built-in ceramic socket (item no. 7423) or with a built-in 2-wire programmable transmitter for both standard and I.S. installations.
Max. tightening torque
Ø 30 x Ø 21.5
Max. pressure for insertion length ≤ 250 mm
Max. pressure for insertion length > 250 mm
Cable connection (screwed)
M20 x 1.5
Width of flats
Recommended sensor current
≤ 2 mA
Max. temperature diffusion at 0°C: IEC 60751 class A
Long-term stability: (≥1000 hours at max. temperature)
Typical reaction time: water with flow 0.2 m/s
t0.5 after 20 s / t0.9 after 28 s
Typical reaction time: air with flow 1 m/s
t0.5 after 60 s / t0.9 after 180 s